If you are unfortunate enough to have missed any services and would like to read the Vicar’s sermon or, indeed, if you were lucky enough to be present in church when it was delivered and would like to look at the sermon in more detail then most sermons can be found on Rev Paul White’s blog as well as below.
- Sermon – 6th Sunday of EasterSunday 9 May 2021 – Easter 6 Readings: Acts 10:44-end, John 15:9-17 May I speak this morning in the Name of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen. Next Thursday is the Feast of the Ascension, when we remember the resurrected Jesus returning to be with God the Father. Having seen Jesus die on the … Continue reading Sermon – 6th Sunday of Easter
- Homily – Maundy ThursdayHomily for Maundy Thursday 2021 Readings: 1 Corinthians 11: 23-26; John 13: 1-17, 31b-35 Leonardo Da Vinci has a lot to answer for. When we think of The Last Supper it is difficult not to think of that depiction. I am sure you are right now. Jesus and his disciples, all wearing brightly coloured and … Continue reading Homily – Maundy Thursday
- Sermon – Palm sundaySunday 28th March 2021 – Palm Sunday Readings: Isaiah 50:4-9a, Mark 11:1-11 On Thursday I had the immense privilege of being invited to speak about the Christian belief in the Messiah. One of the things that was discussed was the fact that the Jewish people do not accept Jesus as the Messiah because they still … Continue reading Sermon – Palm sunday
- Sermon – Mothering Sunday, Lent 4Sunday 14 March 2021 Fourth Sunday in Lent / Mothering Sunday Readings: Exodus 2:1-10, Luke 2:33-35 This is, tragically, our second Mothering Sunday of not being together here in the church building. That is slightly skewed by the fact that Easter is a bit earlier than it was last year. Nonetheless, when we were put … Continue reading Sermon – Mothering Sunday, Lent 4
- Sermon – Lent 3Sunday 7 March 2021 – Third Sunday in Lent Readings: Exodus 20:1-17, John 2:13-22 Although you can’t see them from here I am sure that most of you know that behind the High Altar, carved into stone, we have the Ten Commandments. There used to be a large red curtain hanging behind the Altar. When … Continue reading Sermon – Lent 3