The parish also has a mission church which is situated at Golden Green, a small village approximately two miles from Hadlow.
The land on which this 'tin church' stands was gifted to the Vicar and Churchwardens by the d'Avigdor Goldsmid family in 1914. The building is not consecrated, but was dedicated in 1919.
At the present time (2006) the building has a dual use.
The PCC, in 2003, leased the building to the civil parish council for 45 years so that it can be used as a community hall, as well as for public worship.
As a result, a new charity (the 'Golden Green Mission Hall Charity' - Charity Commission Reg. No. 3040067) was established, with trustees being drawn from the Golden Green Association, the civil parish council and the PCC. This charity takes responsibility, under a sub-lease from the civil parish council, for the maintenance and running of the building for community hall purposes, and arranges the letting of the hall to other bodies, societies, clubs etc and also to private individuals for party celebrations and the like.
Applications for the hire of the building under this arrangement should be made to
Mrs Val Nobes at No.1 New Cottages, Golden Green. Tel No. 01732 850768.
Notwithstanding the use of the Mission Church Hall building for community hall purposes, services of divine worship continue to be held at the Mission Church each month , ie. : generally at the moment
Holy Communion at 9.30am on the third Thursday in the month
a short morning service on the second Sunday of the month
Both services are led by the Vicar.
The Sunday pew sheet at the parish church provides precise details of the timings of these services (or check by telephoning the Vicarage on 01732 850238).