The parish also has a mission church which is situated at Golden Green, a small village approximately two miles from Hadlow.
The land on which this ‘tin church’ stands was gifted to the Vicar and Churchwardens by the d’Avigdor Goldsmid family in 1914. The building is not consecrated, but was dedicated in 1919.
At the present time the building has a dual use.
The PCC, in 2003, leased the building to the civil parish council for 45 years so that it can be used as a community hall, as well as for public worship.
As a result, a new charity (the ‘Golden Green Mission Hall Charity’ – Charity Commission Reg. No. 3040067) was established, with trustees being drawn from the Golden Green Association, the civil parish council and the PCC. This charity takes responsibility, under a sub-lease from the civil parish council, for the maintenance and running of the building for community hall purposes, and arranges the letting of the hall to other bodies, societies, clubs etc and also to private individuals for party celebrations and the like.
Applications for the hire of the building under this arrangement should be made to Robert & Rosalind Seall at 1 Bell Cottages, Three Elm Lane, Golden Green, 01732 850664.
Notwithstanding the use of the Mission Hall building for community hall purposes, services of divine worship continue to be held at the Mission Church. On the third Sunday of each month the Vicar leads a short service at 12 noon, plus special services at Christmas and Easter.
Dates of 2018 services can be found here