If you are unfortunate enough to have missed any services and would like to read the Vicar’s sermon or, indeed, if you were lucky enough to be present in church when it was delivered and would like to look at the sermon in more detail then most sermons can be found on Rev Paul White’s blog as well as below.
- Sermon – Trinity 13Hand Washing – 29th August 2021 James 1: 17 – End Listening and doing; Mark 7: 1 – 8, 14, 15, 21 – 23 True cleanliness Introduction. How many times a day do you wash your hands? For myself, I haven’t tried counting but it must be at least a dozen times and perhaps a … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 13
- Sermon – Trinity 10Sermon: 10th Sunday after Trinity – 8th August 2021 By Kelly Parsons Readings: 1 Kings 19: 4-8; John 6: 35, 41-51 At the beginning of my discernment process, I completed a course called hearing God’s Word, Speaking God’s word. For the final assessment of this I was required to plan and preach a sermon in … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 10
- Sermon – Trinity 99th Sunday after Trinity 1 August 2021 Ephesians 4: 1-16, John 6: 24-35 “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” Our two readings this morning pose us with some interesting questions – why do we follow Jesus and what does it mean to be part of the church? … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 9
- Sermon – Trinity 7Trinity 7 – Christ the Good Shepherd 18 July 2021 Readings Jeremiah 23:1-6, Mark 6:30-34, 53-end May I speak this morning in the name of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen. A couple of years ago Vivienne and I arrived home at the Vicarage and parked in the drive. One of the flowerbeds at the front was … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 7
- Sermon – Trinity 6Trinity 6 – A prophet beheaded Sunday 11 July 2021 Readings: Amos 7:7-15, Mark 6:14-29 There was once a great and united kingdom. However, as its glory days passed and its power waned it was divided into ever smaller constituent parts, each with its own government. The part of the kingdom which controlled the capital city was ruled by … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 6