If you are unfortunate enough to have missed any services and would like to read the Vicar’s sermon or, indeed, if you were lucky enough to be present in church when it was delivered and would like to look at the sermon in more detail then most sermons can be found on Rev Paul White’s blog as well as below.
- Sermon – Baptism of ChristSunday 10th January 2021 Readings Acts 19:1-7, Mark 1:4-11 I started trying to write this sermon on Thursday morning, not knowing quite how the world would look whenever, or indeed if-ever, I finished writing it, never mind by the time we came to this morning. Generally speaking I try not to talk about the sermon writing … Continue reading Sermon – Baptism of Christ
- Sermon – EpiphanySermon Sunday 3 January 2021 The Feast of the Epiphany Readings: Isaiah 60:1-6, Matthew 2:1-1 “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.” As most of you probably know, before coming here as Vicar I was a curate in the village of Woodchurch. One of the lovely … Continue reading Sermon – Epiphany
- Sermon – St John the ApostleSermon – St John the Apostle, 27 December 2020 1 John 1 God is Light – walk in the light; John 21 vv 19b – End – Jesus’ rebuff of Peter. John will probably outlive Peter. Introductory. Christmas has ended. Thankfully Christmas was not completely cancelled although it wouldn’t have been the first time. During the period of the … Continue reading Sermon – St John the Apostle
- Sermon – 4th Sunday of AdventReadings 2 Samuel 7:1-11, 16-end; Luke 1:26-38 “Do not be afraid” There can be no doubt that this has been a year of fear and anxiety. We have spent most of this year following all the rules and guidelines about preventing the spread of Covid, quite rightly so, but there is no doubt that the … Continue reading Sermon – 4th Sunday of Advent
- Sermon – 3rd Sunday of AdventGaudete Sunday 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24, John 1:6-8, 19-28 As you have no doubt already guessed today is slightly different from the other Sundays in Advent. Rather than lighting a purple candle we have lit a pink, or a rose, candle and today I get to wear my fetching rose, or pink, vestments. This represents a … Continue reading Sermon – 3rd Sunday of Advent