If you are unfortunate enough to have missed any services and would like to read the Vicar’s sermon or, indeed, if you were lucky enough to be present in church when it was delivered and would like to look at the sermon in more detail then most sermons can be found on Rev Paul White’s blog as well as below.
- Sermon – Trinity 20Servanthood – Rev’d Christopher Miles Sermon at St Mary’s Church Hadlow – 17th October 2021 Isaiah 53 vv 4 – end The suffering servant Mark 10 vv 35 – 45 Challenge to Christlike service Introduction. A senior government official was being driven home from an important visit to a foreign country. Passing through an area of many square miles of desert, … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 20
- Sermon – Harvest FestivalReadings: Joel 2:21-27, Matthew 6:25-33 May I speak this morning in the name of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen. Harvest can be a beautiful and joyful time of year. In Hadlow we are blessed to be surrounded by many orchards. If you wander through them in the few weeks before they are picked, then it … Continue reading Sermon – Harvest Festival
- Sermon – Trinity 18Sunday 3 October 2021 – Trinity 18 Job 1:1 & 2:1-10 Mark 10:2-16 May I speak this morning in the name of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen. We need to be very clear about something this morning. Job was a good man. The author of the book of Job is so keen for … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 18
- Sermon – Trinity 17Co-operation – 26th September 2021 (Trinity 17) Readings: James 5 vv 13 – End Prayer of faith Mark 9 vv 38 – End Those not against us are for us. Causing to sin Introduction. “I tell you mate if you are not going to join our gang, you’ll be one of the enemy. You’ll need to watch out.” This is the sort … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 17
- Sermon – Trinity 15Sunday 12 September 2021 Readings: James 3:1-12, Mark 8:27-end Heavenly Father, may these my spoken words open to us something of your written word and so lead us to your living Word, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. My maternal grandfather was a gunner in the Royal Navy during the second world war and, although he … Continue reading Sermon – Trinity 15