If you are unfortunate enough to have missed any services and would like to read the Vicar’s sermon or, indeed, if you were lucky enough to be present in church when it was delivered and would like to look at the sermon in more detail then most sermons can be found on Rev Paul White’s blog as well as below.
- Sermon – Easter Sunday, 17th April– Resurrection 1 Corinthians 15: 19 – 26 ‘If only for this life we have hope’ Luke 24: 1 – 12 The resurrection of Jesus Introduction. Can someone under 12, someone still at Primary School, tell me what type of bird, what species this bird is? A Dodo. Yes. What can anyone still … Continue reading Sermon – Easter Sunday, 17th April
- Sermon – 3rd Sunday of Lent20th March 2022 – Suffering Isaiah 55 vv 1 – 9 Come to the Lord and quench your thirst Luke 13 vv 1 – 9 Repent or perish. Parable of the fig tree Introduction. I consider that I have been more patient than either the owner of the vineyard or even his worker who cared … Continue reading Sermon – 3rd Sunday of Lent
- Sermon – Sunday before LentSermon at St Mary’s Church Hadlow 8 a. m.– Sunday next before Lent – 27th February 2022 Transfiguration Exodus 34 vv 29 – End Moses’ transfiguration; Luke 9 vv 28 – 36 Jesus’ transfiguration 1. Introduction. About a week ago I came across the term ‘metaverse’, but had no idea what a metaverse is. Last … Continue reading Sermon – Sunday before Lent
- Sermon – 2nd Sunday before LentSermon at St Mary’s Church Hadlow – 2nd Sunday before Lent by Rev Christopher Miles God’ Creation – 20th February 2022 Readings: Revelation 4 – The throne in heaven Luke 8 vv 22 – 25 – Jesus stills the storm 1. Introduction. I was pleased to read in our Gospel today that there is … Continue reading Sermon – 2nd Sunday before Lent
- Sermon – Epiphany 3Sermon for Epiphany 3 – 23rd January 2022 by Christopher Miles The Spirit’ Equipment for service I Corinthians 12 vv 12 -31A The Spirit-inspired body of Christ Luke 4 vv 14 – 21 – Jesus is fulfilling the prophesy of Isaiah 61 Theme: The Holy Spirit in the life of the Church and in Society … Continue reading Sermon – Epiphany 3