If you are unfortunate enough to have missed any services and would like to read the Vicar’s sermon or, indeed, if you were lucky enough to be present in church when it was delivered and would like to look at the sermon in more detail then most sermons can be found on Rev Paul White’s blog.
- Sermon – Christ the King22 November 2020 Today is the 22nd November which means that Christmas Day is only just over a month away. Given our current uncertain and parlous state I expect that many of us are thinking about Christmas with varying degrees of joy and apprehension. But, as I alluded to last week, although Christmas is not … Continue reading Sermon – Christ the King
- Sermon – 2nd Sunday before Advent15 November 2020 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11, Matthew 25:14-30 I don’t know whether you have ever seen it but there is a T-Shirt available which expresses in a very succinct way the message that it is possible to take from this morning’s readings – the T-shirt says: Look busy – Jesus is coming,! Now, of course, that slogan … Continue reading Sermon – 2nd Sunday before Advent
- Sermon – All Saints DaySunday 1 November 2020 Revelation 7:9-17, Matthew 5:1-12 Today is All Saints Day; All Hallows Day to give it an older name, which immediately follows All Hallows Eve, or Halloween. I can’t claim to be too sorry that Halloween was a lot quieter this year than it normally is. Although it may not be good … Continue reading Sermon – All Saints Day
- Sermon – Luke the EvangelistSunday 18th October 2020 Acts 16:6-12a, Luke 10:1-9 Today, October 18th is the day traditionally kept to remember St Luke the Evangelist. The title ‘Evangelist’ comes from the word ‘Evangel’, which means the gospel, and is a title given to St Luke as the author of one of the four gospels. However it is sometimes easy to … Continue reading Sermon – Luke the Evangelist
- Sermon – Harvest FestivalSunday 4th October 2020 Deuteronomy 28:1-14, Luke 12:16-30 I love Harvest as a time of year – the colours, the smells, the tastes and, in my family many birthdays, do make it a joyous time of year. But the theme of the Harvest readings, and therefore of the sermon, can be a little predictable. It … Continue reading Sermon – Harvest Festival